Note: This post may contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on them and buy anything at all, I'll get a small commission from the sale (at no additional cost to you). For more information, read my disclosure policy.
I’m one month into my 2017 goals and I’ve made some good progress! Thank you to my readers who have helped me reach towards my blogging goals! If you’d like to read more about how I decided on these goals, check out my 2017 S.M.A.R.T. Goals post from early January. Read on to see my progress this month.
2017 Goals for the Smart Family Money Blog
I’m mainly working on increasing the traffic to Smart Family Money. It’s much more fun to write when someone is actually reading! I’ve made enormous progress this month and I’m thinking I need to make some revisions to my goals. While I want my goals to be achievable, I also want them to challenge me!
- Increase blog traffic to 10,000 monthly page views by December 2017.
- December 2016 Goal: 1,500, Actual: 3,201
- January 2017 Goal: 1,800, Actual: 3,931!
- February 2017 Goal: 2,100, New Stretch Goal: 4,000 to beat January with 3 less days in the month!
- March 2017 Goal: 2,500
- April 2017 Goal: 2,900
- May 2017 Goal: 3,400
- June 2017 Goal: 3,900
- July 2017 Goal: 4,600
- August 2017 Goal: 5,400
- September 2017 Goal: 6,300
- October 2017 Goal: 7,300
- November 2017 Goal: 8,500
- December 2017 Goal: 10,000
- Email List: 200 subscribers. If you’re interested, sign up here for my email list.
- December 2016: 37
- January 2017: 60 Thank you to all my new subscribers!
- Facebook Likes: 350. If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please like my Facebook page.
- December 2016: 115
- January 2017: 136 (370 group members)
- Pinterest Followers: 5,000. If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please follow me on Pinterest.
- December 2016: 1,626
- January 2017: 1,761
- Guest post: Publish at least 6 guest posts on other blogs during 2017
- January 2017: No progress on this one yet!
- Videos: Conquer my fear of video and publish at least 1 video per month in 2017.
- January 2017: 3 Facebook Live Videos! One was about the debt snowball, one was about these goals, and the last was about toilet paper! Of course, you probably already saw my TV debut! Here’s the TP Video, in case you missed it:
Shocking truth about our TP usage!
Posted by Smart Family Money on Monday, January 23, 2017
- Networking: Attend FinCon personal finance blogger conference in October 2017.
- December 2016: Bought my conference pass and reserved a hotel room. Working on earning some travel rewards to help pay for the trip!
- January 2017: Continuing to work on my travel rewards. I have enough airline miles for a free flight to the conference.
Personal 2017 Goals
- Plan, save up for, and go on a 15th wedding anniversary celebration trip.
- January 2017: No progress on this except for working on my travel rewards.
- Monthly parent/child one-on-one “date”.
- January 2017: We kicked this one off with a bang! I took my daughter on a 5-day trip to NYC alone. We visited friends, saw the Statue of Liberty, visited the 9/11 memorial, and went to the top of the Empire State Building! It was incredible and something that neither of us will ever forget. My husband and son stayed home for an epic boys’ weekend, including laser tag, bowling, and a movie. We will not be doing kid dates as big as this in the future, but it was a fun start to the year.
- Replace upstairs carpet.
- January 2017: We actually took a step backward on this one. Our basement TV (the one used for video games) died this month. We decided to spend part of our home improvement money on a new TV, since we didn’t want to do the carpet until the nicer weather anyway. We have to rebuild our sinking fund again. It’s a small set-back, but we can roll with the punches!
I’m very excited about the progress I’ve made on my goals this month. I don’t think I would have come nearly this far if I hadn’t written them down in a public way. The fact that I know people will be reading my updates is very encouraging. Thank you for reading and thank you for helping me reach my goals!
How are your goals coming along? Did you make some progress in January or did life get in the way?
Latest posts by Cindy Scott (see all)
- Cheap Toilet Paper: The Ultimate Guide - January 14, 2019
- Tieks & Rothy’s Alternatives: Cheaper Ballet Flats - January 14, 2019
- How to Make BIG Changes with SMALL Money Habits - January 8, 2019