Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on them and buy anything at all, I'll get a small commission from the sale (at no additional cost to you). For more information, read my disclosure policy.
I’m two months into my 2017 goals and I’ve made some great progress. If you’d like to read more about how I decided on these goals, check out my 2017 S.M.A.R.T. Goals post from January. Read on to see my progress this month.
2017 Goals for the Smart Family Money Blog
I’m mainly working on increasing the traffic to Smart Family Money. My traffic has grown much faster than I anticipated!
- Increase blog traffic to 10,000 monthly page views by December 2017.
- December 2016 Goal: 1,500, Actual: 3,201
- January 2017 Goal: 1,800, Actual: 3,931
- February 2017 Original Goal: 2,100, Stretch Goal: 4,000, Actual: 7,473 (WHAT?! I can’t believe the progress here!!)
- March 2017 Goal: 2,500, New Stretch Goal: 8,220
- April 2017 Goal: 2,900
- May 2017 Goal: 3,400
- June 2017 Goal: 3,900
- July 2017 Goal: 4,600
- August 2017 Goal: 5,400
- September 2017 Goal: 6,300
- October 2017 Goal: 7,300
- November 2017 Goal: 8,500
- December 2017 Goal: 10,000
- Email List: 200 subscribers. If you’re interested, sign up here for my email list.
- December 2016: 37
- January 2017: 60
- February 2017: 97
- Facebook Likes: 350. If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please like my Facebook page.
- December 2016: 115
- January 2017: 136 (370 group members)
- February 2017: 245 (395 group members)
- Pinterest Followers: 5,000. If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please follow me on Pinterest.
- December 2016: 1,626
- January 2017: 1,761
- February 2017: 1,834
- Guest post: Publish at least 6 guest posts on other blogs during 2017
- January 2017: No progress.
- February 2017: No progress yet, but working on it!
- Videos: Conquer my fear of video and publish at least 1 video per month in 2017.
- Networking: Attend FinCon personal finance blogger conference in October 2017.
- December 2016: Bought my conference pass and reserved a hotel room. Working on earning some travel rewards to help pay for the trip!
- January 2017: Continuing to work on my travel rewards. I have enough airline miles for a free flight to the conference.
- February 2017: I’m enjoying getting to know other financial bloggers through the online FinCon group.
Most Popular Blog Posts of February 2017
In case you missed them, here were my most popular blog posts of February 2017:
- The Instant Pot Review was fun to write and very popular.
- My FreeTaxUSA Review got a lot of attention because it offers a way to file all of your taxes completely for free, even in complex situations.
- I shared what I learned last tax year in the post called 5 Secrets Your Tax Preparer Doesn’t Want You to Know.
- Of course, last month included my epic post about the best generic toilet paper.
Personal 2017 Goals
- Plan, save up for, and go on a 15th wedding anniversary celebration trip.
- January 2017: No progress on this except for working on my travel rewards.
- February 2017: No update.
- Monthly parent/child one-on-one “date”.
- January 2017: We kicked this one off with a bang! I took my daughter on a 5-day trip to NYC alone. We visited friends, saw the Statue of Liberty, visited the 9/11 memorial, and went to the top of the Empire State Building! It was incredible and something that neither of us will ever forget. My husband and son stayed home for an epic boys’ weekend, including laser tag, bowling, and a movie. We will not be doing kid dates as big as this in the future, but it was a fun start to the year.
- February 2017: I took my son to the USAF Museum and my husband took our daughter on a fun Pokémon GO adventure downtown. I posted a picture in my post about the ways I saved in February.
- Replace upstairs carpet.
- January 2017: We actually took a step backward on this one. Our basement TV (the one used for video games) died this month. We decided to spend part of our home improvement money on a new TV, since we didn’t want to do the carpet until the nicer weather anyway. We have to rebuild our sinking fund again. It’s a small set-back, but we can roll with the punches!
- February 2017: We have started organizing and cleaning out to get ready for the new carpet in the next few months.
I’m happy that I’ve made progress on many of my goals, despite February being a short month. Thank you so much for helping me reach my goals by reading and sharing my content! Thank you also for keeping me accountable!
How are your goals coming along? Did you make some progress in February or did life get in the way?
Latest posts by Cindy Scott (see all)
- 10 Easy Ways to Save Money on Your Move - April 15, 2019
- 4 of the Best Cheaper Alternatives to Rothy’s Point Flats - April 10, 2019
- 4 Easy & Cheap Teacher Gifts That Won’t Get Thrown Away - April 9, 2019