Welcome to Smart Family Money! I’m glad you found my site. If you’d like to learn more about me, please read my about page and my debt-free story. If you’d like to know about new posts from Smart Family Money, please sign up for my newsletter.
To get you started, here are some of my most popular posts:
Are you setting up a budget?
- Budget Tool Showdown: Mint vs Every Dollar vs YNAB
- 100+ Budget Categories: The Ultimate List
- Quiz: How Much Money Should You Save for an Emergency Fund?
Looking to reduce your monthly bills?
- Watch Sports Without Wasting a Fortune on Cable
- How I Lowered My Wireless Phone Bill by $624/year
- Cut the Cord Without Giving Up Your DVR
- Easily Get a Discount on SiriusXM Radio
Want to Shop Smarter?
- Costco vs. Amazon: Which Has the Cheapest AA Batteries?
- Best Value for Kids’ Glasses: Costco vs. Walmart vs. Target
- 9 Important Reasons You Should Avoid Home Sales Parties
- How to Buy a Beginner Flute
Looking For Cheaper Alternatives to Expensive Brands?
- Review: Best Generic Coffee (Whole Bean)
- Cheaper Alternatives to Ray-Ban Sunglasses
- Swedish Dishcloth Review
- Cheaper Alternatives to Sperry Top-sider Boat Shoes
- Cheaper Alternatives to Thirty-One Utility Totes
- Cheaper Alternatives to ENO Hammocks
- Cheaper Alternatives to Young Living & Doterra Essential Oils
- Cheaper Alternatives to Lululemon on Amazon
- Cheaper Alternatives to Norwex
- Tieks & Rothy’s Alternatives: Cheaper Ballet Flats
Want to learn more about taxes?
- 5 Secrets Your Tax Preparer Doesn’t Want You to Know
- The Most Important Tax Lesson You Need
- Why You Should Max Out Your HSA Contributions
- How to Make the Most of Tuition Tax Benefits
Raising kids who are smart about money?
Trying to save on kids’ clothes?
- 12 Ways to Get the Best Deals at Kids’ Consignment Sales
- 15 Ways to Make Big Money at Kids’ Consignment Sales
- 9 Ways to Save Money on Back-to-School Clothes
- 8 Tips for Successful Thrift Store Shopping