My husband’s car has built-in SiriusXM Radio, and he really enjoys it for his commutes to work. Although I don’t mind a few luxuries in our lives, the price of $15.99/month is a bit much for our budget. Thankfully, I figured out how to get a SiriusXM discount and we now only pay around $5/month, for a savings of almost 70%. The process to get a SiriusXM discount is really simple and takes less than 10 minutes every 5-6 months.
How to Get a SiriusXM Discount
- Call SiriusXM customer service at 1-866-635-5027. At the prompts, say “cancel service”.
- When you get a customer service agent, say, “My service is too expensive and I want to cancel it.” You MUST say the word CANCEL in order to get the best deals. They will transfer you to a customer retention agent whose job it is to keep you as a customer.
- If you are transferred, explain again that you want to cancel because it’s too expensive. They will take a minute to look at your account. Then they will start making offers.
SiriusXM Discount Offers
Odds are that the agent will make discount offers similar to these:
- The first offer is likely to be $99 for one year of service. This is not a bad price, considering the usual price is around $200/year, but you can do better! Simply say, “That’s too much money.”
- Next, they’ll probably make a similar offer of around $50 for 6 months of service to make it a smaller one-time payment. Again, just say, “No thanks, that’s too much.”
- Finally, they’ll offer you the good deals! It is likely to be $25 for 5 months or $25 for 6 months. These seem to vary a bit by customer, but that’s as good as it gets.
If you’re happy with the offer, say OK and go through the payment process. Be sure to note your calendar a few days before your next renewal offer to call back again. Otherwise, it will auto-renew at the full price.
If you’re unsure if you got the best offer, say that you’ll think about it. Then hang up and call back to get a different agent.
That’s it! A 10-minute phone call can save you $11/month or $132/year!
UPDATE 3/20/17: I just renewed again and got the same deal again. It still works! This time it took me exactly 7 minutes on the phone.
Do you have SiriusXM Radio? Have you ever tried calling to reduce your rates? Please comment below to share the deals you got!