Note: This post may contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on them and buy anything at all, I'll get a small commission from the sale (at no additional cost to you). For more information, read my disclosure policy.
My husband’s car has built-in SiriusXM Radio, and he really enjoys it for his commutes to work. Although I don’t mind a few luxuries in our lives, the price of $15.99/month is a bit much for our budget. Thankfully, I figured out how to get a SiriusXM discount and we now only pay around $5/month, for a savings of almost 70%. The process to get a SiriusXM discount is really simple and takes less than 10 minutes every 5-6 months.
How to Get a SiriusXM Discount
- Call SiriusXM customer service at 1-866-635-5027. At the prompts, say “cancel service”.
- When you get a customer service agent, say, “My service is too expensive and I want to cancel it.” You MUST say the word CANCEL in order to get the best deals. They will transfer you to a customer retention agent whose job it is to keep you as a customer.
- If you are transferred, explain again that you want to cancel because it’s too expensive. They will take a minute to look at your account. Then they will start making offers.
SiriusXM Discount Offers
Odds are that the agent will make discount offers similar to these:
- The first offer is likely to be $99 for one year of service. This is not a bad price, considering the usual price is around $200/year, but you can do better! Simply say, “That’s too much money.”
- Next, they’ll probably make a similar offer of around $50 for 6 months of service to make it a smaller one-time payment. Again, just say, “No thanks, that’s too much.”
- Finally, they’ll offer you the good deals! It is likely to be $25 for 5 months or $25 for 6 months. These seem to vary a bit by customer, but that’s as good as it gets.
If you’re happy with the offer, say OK and go through the payment process. Be sure to note your calendar a few days before your next renewal offer to call back again. Otherwise, it will auto-renew at the full price.
If you’re unsure if you got the best offer, say that you’ll think about it. Then hang up and call back to get a different agent.
That’s it! A 10-minute phone call can save you $11/month or $132/year!
UPDATE 3/20/17: I just renewed again and got the same deal again. It still works! This time it took me exactly 7 minutes on the phone.
Do you have SiriusXM Radio? Have you ever tried calling to reduce your rates? Please comment below to share the deals you got!
Latest posts by Cindy Scott (see all)
- The BEST Cheaper Alternatives to 10 of Your Favorite Brands - March 11, 2019
- 9 of the BEST Cheaper Alternatives to Ray-Ban Sunglasses - March 8, 2019
- 3 of the BEST Cheaper Alternatives to ENO Hammocks for Casual Relaxing - March 7, 2019