Note: This post may contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on them and buy anything at all, I'll get a small commission from the sale (at no additional cost to you). For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This post is part of my “cheaper alternatives” series, where I find more affordable alternatives to popular items. Today, I’m looking at cheaper Sperry Top-sider boat shoes. They’re a summer classic for both women and men, but they’re pretty pricey. Classic leather Sperrys generally cost $100+ when not on sale. Let’s take a look at some cheaper options. Some people might call these Sperry knock-offs, Sperry dupes, or Sperry lookalikes. I would just say they’re just other brands of quality boat shoes.
Cheaper Alternatives to Sperry Top-sider Women’s Boat Shoes
Sperry Top-sider Women’s boat shoes generally cost around $90 when they’re not on sale. You can find sales occasionally for less than $50, but you have to watch for the size and color you want. The link below can show you the current Amazon prices for Sperrys. Click through to choose your size and color to see current pricing.
Eastland Women’s Sunrise Boat Shoe
While not significantly cheaper than Sperrys, Eastland boat shoes are a cheaper leather alternative to Sperry Top-siders.
Pros of Eastland Sunrise Boat Shoes:
- Comfortable, nice padding
- Good arch support.
Cons of Eastland Sunrise Boat Shoes:
- Dyes can bleed through when wet
- Run slightly large
Canvas Alternatives to Sperry Women’s Boat Shoes
Although Sperry top-siders are generally made with at least some leather, there are some fabric shoes that are cheaper alternatives to Women’s Sperrys.
Eastland Women’s Skip Boat Shoe
Pros of Eastland Skip Boat Shoe:
- Cute styling
Cons of Eastland Skip Boat Shoe:
- Lacks support
- Some complained that the heel rubs
- Runs a bit large
Clarks Women’s Jocolin Vista Boat Shoe
Pros of Clarks Jocolin Vista Boat Shoe:
- Removable insole
- Breathable material
Cons of Clarks Jocolin Vista Boat Shoe:
- Run a bit large
- Can rub if you don’t wear socks
Cheaper Alternatives to Men’s Sperry Boat Shoes
There are not many cheaper alternatives to Men’s Sperry Boat Shoes. Most people mention Timberland and Dockers as alternatives, but they are similar in price to Sperry’s (if found on sale). You can use the links below to compare the current sale prices on Amazon for the three major brands. Keep in mind that prices differ by size and color as well, so you should check out all the options to find the best deal.
Cheaper Alternative to Men’s Sperry: Rugged Shark Boat Shoes
The only brand I found that was consistently cheaper than Sperry without a sale was Rugged Shark.
Pros of Rugged Shark Boat Shoes:
- Real leather
- Gripping non-slip sole
Cons of Rugged Shark Boat Shoes:
- Thin insole
- No padding on heal
- Runs a little narrow
More Cheaper Alternatives
If you enjoyed this post, check out the other posts in my “cheaper alternatives” series:
- 5 Delicious Store Brand Coffees That Will Save You Money
- Swedish Dishcloth Review: 7 Reasons You’ll Love Them
- Tieks & Rothy’s Alternatives: Cheaper Ballet Flats
- Best Cheap Nerf Guns
- Cheap Duck Boots: Alternatives to L.L. Bean Boots
- Cheap DIY Phone Loopy Grip: Popsocket Alternative
- Cheaper Alternatives to Ray-Ban Sunglasses
- Cheaper Alternatives to Sperry Top-sider Boat Shoes
- Cheaper Alternatives to Thirty-One Utility Totes
- Cheaper Alternatives to ENO Hammocks
Latest posts by Cindy Scott (see all)
- How To Easily Save Money On Coffee - February 19, 2019
- 7 Important Things You Need To Remember For Your March Budget - February 14, 2019
- Where Can You Save The Most Money On K Cups? - February 12, 2019